All parents with children attending school are members of their local school council and are encouraged to participate in council activities. Councils usually meet on a month basis. School Councils are established in all schools and serve as a vehicle for parents, school administrators, teachers and support staff to meet and work together toward common goals. School Council Chairs also meet one another, division administrators and representative(s) of the Board of Trustees at the Division Parent Association meetings held once per month typically held at the Regional Board Office
The Catholic Education Centre 1251 - 1st Avenue SW., Medicine Hat, AB T1A 8B4 (403) 527-2292
Parents may also participate by becoming a trustee in the School Division. Trustees are elected for a three year term.
- responsibilities, conduct, and duties in the Division Policy Manual
- Catholic School Trustees Association
Schools Boards and Provincial Governing bodies recognized the value of parental involvement in education leading to the provincial government legislations to support the an advisory role of School Councils to School Act in 1994.
School Starting Age
If your child is five years of age on or before February 28, he or she is eligible to register in Kindergarten.
If you child is six years of age on or before February 28, he or she is eligible to register in Grade One.
The Board of Trustees of the Medicine Hat Catholic Regional School Division proudly acknowledges the commitment and dedication it's employees and the community and we express our gratitude to:
- Our parents and families who have entrusted their children to our care and whose partnership is essential as we share in the formation of each child;
- Our students whose simplicity, joyfulness and enthusiasm for learning continually inspire;
- Our staff who walk daily with the children and who strive to create a learning environment ENLIVENED BY THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST;
- Our faithful supporters that make it possible for Catholic Education to continue as a service and an option in our community.
Our Parish Teams who teach us the Good News of Jesus Christ.
The Catholic School: A LEARNING COMMUNITY ENLIVENED BY THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST.
His teachings permeate our philosophy, his life unites us, and his spirit inspires or programs.