Parents in the Medicine Hat Catholic Regional School Division have always played an active advisory role within the schools.
Their presence are an invaluable support to school administrators, teachers, support staff in helping the school reflect a community spirit.
- How are school councils valuable?
- Lobbying or advocacy
- Building school community
- Providing financial assistance beyond basic resources
- Providing invaluable input on division-wide and province-wide initiatives
- Enhancing existing educational programming
In keeping with our CATHOLIC FAITH, Our Mission, Vision, Values and Principles of Practice: School Councils are called, always and everywhere to:
- Model Christ
- Strive for Excellence
- Build Community
School Councils by calling your local school!
School Councils in the School Council Handbook, published by Alberta Learning. This Handbook is intended to provide school council members with information and reference material to help School Councils operate as effectively as possible.